The GasSaver and SuperFlow systems are SAP Appendix Q eligible. The GasSaver is classified within SAP as a Flue Gas Heat Recovery System (FGHRS). The energy savings from the GasSaver and SuperFlow systems can be entered into a SAP calculation as follows:
In order for the energy savings of the GasSaver to entered as part of a SAP calculation, it is necessary to download the FGHRS data and Calculation spreadsheet from the SAP Appendix Q website which is located at:
(The link to the FGHRS spreadsheet is found at the bottom of the Appendix Q web-page.)
After downloading the FGHRS spreadsheet, follow the following tasks:
- Perform the SAP calculation as normal until you reach box 95 in the section "Renewable and Energy Saving Technologies" of the SAP worksheet.
- Open the SAP Appendix Q FGHRS spreadsheet. In the second tab "Select FGHRS" and select the Zenex GasSaver/SuperFlow as appropriate. The number selected in the green drop-down box should correspond to the index number of the system given in the main table of recognised systems. For example, select '101' for the GasSaver or '107' for the SuperFlow 25 system as appropriate.
- On the third tab of the Excel spreadsheet ("Calculate Savings"), in the section titled "Step 1", check the correct FGHRS type appears.Â Enter boiler information in the section titled "Step 2". Note that when specifying the boiler type, maximum energy savings will be obtained when using the GasSaver in conjunction with a condensing combi boiler of the type "Combi instantaneousÂ - No keep hot facility".
- In the Section titled "Step 4", transfer the required information from the SAP worksheet to the Appendix Q spreadsheet. There are 10 items of information requested and each item is cross-referenced back to the SAP worksheet by its box reference number.
- The section titled "Step 5" gives the energy savings that can be entered into box 95 of the normal SAP calculation.
Note: If using a SuperFlow system with optional Solar-PV panels & immersion heater, please complete the additional step described below before recording the 'Energy Saved' figure.
Additional step for Solar-PV equipped SuperFlow Systems
If using solar-PV version of the SuperFlow system ensure that the correct system is specified in the 'Select FGHRS' tab. The index numbers for the PV versions of the SuperFlow systems are between 115 and 118. Additional information must be specified in the "Photovoltaic Info" tab as follows
- Enter the total PV power of the system.
1. Each immersion heater unit fitted to the SuperFlow system requires 2 x 80w solar panels giving a total peak power of 0.16 Kw.
2. If required, multiple immersion heater units can be fitted to a single SuperFlow system to improve the energy savings.
3. If 2 immersion heater units are fitted, the total PV power required is 4 x 80w panels giving a total of 0.32Kw
- Enter the orientation, tilt & shading characteristics of the panels
- Return to the 'Calculate Savings' tab of the worksheet and copy the energy savings from section titled "Step 5" into box 95 of the normal SAP calculation.
Note for users of NHER Plan Assessor software:
The NHER software allows for energy savings from MVHR to be entered without going via Appendix Q. Do not attempt to use this facility to recognise energy savings from the GasSaver. The Appendix Q worksheet must be completed as described above. The energy savings are then entered by selecting the 'Other' tab on the left hand side of the screen and then selecting 'Yes' for the Special Features. The energy savings can then be entered after clicking on the 'Details' button.